Want the taste of China? Here is your Chinese Barbecue Honey pork ( Char Siu ) It is so easy to make and doesn’t take too long time, I’m sure you will please everyone with your exotic dish full of flavor and will make you want to cook it again! My grandmother is a Chinese woman and she loves cooking this for me and my family, she is over 60 years old but she is still a strong woman and enjoy cooking for all her life, so I try to adapt and create the right recipe for us to try. I hope you will like it 🙂
- Yield: 3
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
Chinese BBQ Honey Pork (Char Siu)
- Combine all the seasonings and sauce together and bring to simmer for just 30 seconds, then let it cool.
- Place the pork tenderloin in a ziplock bag then add the sauce for marinade . Massage the pork so the sauce is covered all over the Pork.
- Place the pork in the fridge and marinate for at least 5 hours, or overnight. ( Overnight is the best! the longer the better ) Take the pork out of the fridge and bring it to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350 F Line a baking tray with Aluminum foil and place a rack on top.
- Remove pork from the marinade sauce and keep some sauce for basting.
- Place the pork tenderloin on the rack and tuck the thin end of the the tenderloin underneath. Roast the pork for 26 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches about 145 - 160F/ 65 - 70C.
- At around halfway through roasting, take the pork out to baste it throughly with the remaining Marinade.
- Once the pork is cooked, Choose the the broiler/grill. Baste the pork again with the remaining Marinade , dabbing all over the pork for the glaze then broil/grill the pork until it is charred and caramelized for about 3 minutes. Keep basting as much as you like!
- Add some more honey if you want more moist and glaze on the pork, keep watching your pork and don't let it burned or dried.
- Let the pork rest for about 12 minutes before slicing. Enjoy it with other Chinese food! 🙂